The El Terres CHECK-IN International Hospitality Film Festival, an initiative promoted by the Jordi Comas Matamala Foundation, CETT Foundation, the Climent Guitart Foundation and Terres Landscape and Travel Communication, has celebrated the central day of this edition at the Hotel Guitart Central Park Aqua Resort and at the Municipal Theater of Lloret de Mar.
In this second edition, the Terres CHECK-IN International Hospitality Film Festival, also has the support of the Patronat de Turisme Costa Brava – Girona of the Diputació de Girona, the City Council of Lloret de Mar, the Catalan Tourism Agency, Lloret Tourism, the Provincial Council of Barcelona, the World Tourism Organization (UNWTO), and numerous collaborators linked to tourism and the world-class audiovisual field.
The festival – after the success achieved in its first edition, held last year at the headquarters of the CETT Fundació in Barcelona – has once again generated a wide space for knowledge, exchange and communication trends applicable to the tourism sector, from which is already a global reference in the audiovisual field of the hospitality sector, and has become, once again, the great showcase of the marketing trends of organizations linked to tourism, hotels and gastronomy.
Attendees were able to enjoy various presentations and case studies, by experts such as the multi-award winning Theo Papadoulakis, director of tourist films or Diego Calvo, CEO of Concept Hotel Group. The case studies presented have included an analysis of TikTok from the current experience of the Prado Museum, the project of the Descobrir expedition and a vision of the Alt Empordà as a stage for the imagination, from Salvador Dalí up to Ferran Adrià, by filmmaker David Pujol.
Since this year, the festival has also opted for a training block, the Terres LAB-Audiovisual & Tourism Hub, to explore new trends in the audiovisual communication of tourist experiences.
In this Terres LAB-Audiovisual & Tourism Hub several round tables have been held, where issues such as immersive tourism or the use of the metaverse in hospitality have been discussed, represented by companies such as Lavinia, IDEAL Center d’ Digital Arts, The Wise Dreams or Hotelverse.
The awards for the best audiovisual shorts on hospitality, with the Costa Brava at the center
The awards for this second edition of the festival for the best audiovisual projects from around the world – produced since January 1, 2021 – were handed out tonight at the Lloret de Mar Municipal Theater and are as follows:
ACCOMMODATION SPECIAL MENTION:
- FILM: BECAUSE YOU NEVER CAME BACK THE SAME.
- DIRECTOR: PABLO VEGA
- ORGANIZATION: ONLY YOU HOTELS
- FILM: BOOK YOUR HAPPINESS.
- DIRECTOR: LUKE KNOWLES
- ORGANIZATION: PALLADIUM HOTEL GROUP
- FILM: VILAMOURA NAUTICAL STATION
- DIRECTOR: FILIPE MADEIRA AND RICARDO LOPES
- ORGANIZATION: VILAMORA NAUTICAL STATION
- FILM: RESTAURANT 7 DOORS
- DIRECTOR: NANDO ESTEVA
- ORGANIZATION: RESTAURANT 7 DOORS
- FILM: FLY & FEEL THE RUSH OF HISTORIC PLACES – SYDSJALLAND (SERIES)
- DIRECTOR: ANDERS KONGSHAUG
- ORGANIZATION: VISIT SYDSJAELLAND & MØN
RECREATION SERVICES. GOLD:
- FILM: HURTIGRUTEN GALAPAGOS – MEET THE GUESTS
- DIRECTOR: DAVID BETTERIDGE
- ORGANIZATION: HURTIGRUTEN EXPEDITIONS
TRAVEL TECHNOLOGY. SPECIAL MENTION:
- FILM: COSTA BRAVA HUB
- DIRECTOR: ALBERT NAVARRO
- ORGANIZATION: COSTA BRAVA HUB – EL TRULL SIDE
TRAVEL TECHNOLOGY. GOLD:
- FILM: REMOTE WORKERS – VISIT CASCAIS
- DIRECTOR: ANTONIO ALEIXO
- ORGANIZATION: VISIT CASCAIS
The special prizes have corresponded to:
PREMI TERRES CHECK-IN 2023 “DESTINATION COSTA BRAVA – GIRONA”
- FILM: THE PERFECT RECIPE
- DIRECTOR: VICENÇ ASENSIO
- ORGANIZATION: COSTA BRAVA – GIRONA TOURISM BOARD OF GIRONA COUNTY
PREMI TERRES CHECK-IN 2023 “HOST TOURISTS”:
- FILM: WHAT EL BOQUERÓN TEACHED ME – RAFA ZAFRA
- DIRECTOR: VICENÇ ASENSIO
- ORGANIZATION: VISUAL 13 / RAFA ZAFRA
And, finally, the big prizes have been for:
PREMI TERRES CHECK-IN 2023 “FAST CHECK-IN”
- FILM: CYBER DALÍ
- DIRECTOR: LAYERS OF REALITY
- ORGANIZATION: IDEAL BARCELONA
PREMI TERRES CHECK-IN 2023 “SOCIAL CHECK-IN”
- FILM: NEWHANDLAB, A SOULD MADE OF WOOL
- DIRECTOR: TELMO MARTINS
- ORGANIZATION: NEWHANDLAB
PREMI TERRES CHECK-IN 2023 “LATE CHECK-OUT” (2)
- FILM: HOTEL STORIES. CONCEPT HOTEL GROUP 2023
- DIRECTOR: MANU JAIME
- ORGANIZATION: CONCEPT HOTEL GROUP
- FILM: THE BULLI FOUNDATION DOCUMENTARY TRAILER
- DIRECTOR: DAVID PUJOL
- ORGANIZATION: THE BULLI FOUNDATION
To conclude the awards ceremony and the day, Soledad Bravo, manager of Tourism services of the Barcelona Provincial Council, Joan Plana Sagué, second vice president of the Costa Brava-Girona Tourism Board of the Girona and Adrià Provincial Council, took the floor Lamelas, mayor of Lloret de Mar.